South African Society of Occupational Health Nurse Practitioners Western Cape
Contact: Adri Snyman
Tel 2: 0218592527 ext 214
Fields of Medicine:
Brought to you by:
South African Society of Occupational Health Nurse Practitioners Western Cape - http://www.medtalkz.com/institution/south_african_society_of_occupational_health_nurse_practitioners_western_cape
The South African Society of Occupational Health Nurses (SASOHN) first started as a small discussion group in 1966 and was known as the ‘Industrial Nurses of the Southern Transvaal’.
Now, more than 50 years later, this non-profit organisation has more than 1000 members nationally and strives to promote the professional role and status of all occupational health nurses with the following objectives in mind:
• Objective 1: To upgrade the professional image of Occupational Health Nursing through improving standards and professional qualifications
• Objective 2: To identify research projects and assist current research students
• Objective 3: To building relations with other bodies involved in Occupational Health
• Objective 4: To promote professional development through Regional Society Membership, Management and Mentorship
• Objective 5: To formulate National Policies and Guidelines.
Through membership funds, members are the beneficiaries of bursaries, sponsorship to events, meetings and workshops which help to further develop professional skills.