- General practitioners: 27 411
- Doctors: 43 791 (including 27 411 General Practitioners)
- Dental: 8 705 (including General Dental Practice; Dental Technician; Dental Therapy; Orthodontics; Periodontics; Prosthodontics)
- Other healthcare providers: 63 854 (including Physiotherapists; Dieticians; Nurses; Pharmacists; Occupational Therapists; and, Psychologists)
- +/- 1 200 new doctors • +/- 3 600 in Internships and Community service
- Registrar base of approximately 2 400
- Approximately 500 new Specialists qualifying per annum
- Approximately 400 diploma candidates per annum
- Approximately 3 000 doctors studying post-grad exams p.a.
- All non-pharma & non-medical equipment ads.
- Pharma and medical equipment brand ads.
- Pharma products – Schedules 0 and 1
- Medical equipment product ads
- Once MCC registration is mandatory this group may include only class A & B medical devices
- Pharma products – Schedule 2 and above
- Once MCC registration is mandatory this group may include class C & D medical devices
WHY ADVERTISE ON MEDTALKZ?
Advertising on the Medtalkz platform enables targeted marketing to the country’s medical profession.
The healthcare provider market in South Africa is made up of those providers registered with the Health Professions Council of SA (HPCSA); the Allied Health Professions Council of SA (AHPCSA); the Pharmacy Council; and, the SA Nursing Council. Numbers are broken down as follows: *
The number of medical students and doctors qualifying each year include:
ADVERTISING SPOTS AVAILABLE ON THE MEDTALKZ MAIN SITE
Several high-visibility spots exist on the Medtalkz site for strategic brand placement.
As an introductory offer, Medtalkz provides the opportunity for trade partners to advertise on the home page and other public facing pages for a monthly fee of R5000.
For trade partners wishing to have exclusive branding on pre-video pages as well as banner advertising on all public-facing pages, the cost is R10 000 per month.
Advertising on the pre-video pages would not be shared with any other sponsors in the sector.
Online advertising rates are set through a combination of ad size, ad location, ad performance and market demand.
Our introductory pricing of R5 000 monthly (excl. VAT) includes four different adverts spread across categories 1, 2 and/or 3 either with no specific targeting or targeting up to two fields of medicine.
Top banner: 468 (w) x 60 (h) pixels
Tower banners: 170 (w) x 425 (h) pixels
Advertising will be categorised according to marketing codes as follows:
Category one adverts
These ads will have no restrictions and may be displayed/played during videos and on any page within the site to any audience, whether they are logged in or not.
Category one adverts include:
Category two adverts
Category two adverts will be restricted during video play but may be displayed/played before or after video play on any page within the site to logged in non-logged in users.
Category two adverts include:
Category three adverts
Will be restricted during video play and will only be displayed/played to logged in pharmacists, medical practitioners, dentists, veterinarians or other authorized prescribers.
Category three adverts include:
• All non-pharma adverts
• No restrictions
• Pharma products – Schedules 0 and 1
• Ads may not be displayed during video play
• Pharma products – Schedule 2 and above
• May only be displayed to logged in doctors and pharmacists
General note on equipment advertising
Medical devices are not yet registered and therefore one may be unaware of the eventual Class into which a medical device will be placed once registered. Advertising of medical devices does not yet attract the restrictions applicable to medicines, however, discretion is advised.